Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why am I going on this trip?

As the time draws near when I will depart for Haiti, friends and family have asked several good questions about the trip ... but the one that calls for an answer is, "So, Dale, why are making this trip?" I am aware of three distinct reasons motivating this trip.

(1) To reconnect with friends in Haiti, and to find out how they are doing now, after the quake. I want to know what this experience has been like for them, what kind of challenges have they faced, and what they sense is the future for themselves and for Haiti.

(2) To see for myself what Haiti is like now. I have heard from others that the Haiti I knew is greatly changed. I want to experience this for myself, and to share what I learn with others who are also concerned about Haiti.

(3) To keep my eyes, mind and heart open for what needs to be done now, and discern if anything is mine to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment