Sunday, May 2, 2010

Email from Garfield

The following email is from Garfield - a young man we met several years ago in Cite Soliel. We have kept in touch over the years. This is our first significant contact since the earthquake.

Dear friend Dale !

It is good to hear from you again. Anyway in spite of all problem we are there safe!
Therefore, since after the earthquake life in haiti become very much complicated. fortunately I was out in cite soleil while there it was sometime in the afternoon!

While at there I felt the ground was about to go up with me and go down with me - everyone was very much scared no one knows where to go cause everywhere was in danger .

That day I saw lot of people got injured I saw to the next few days lot of people died on the street and in a lot of collapsed houses.

Our homes collapse likewise! I have ever seen such thing happened since I was born. It is the first time I saw a such earthquake.

Fortunately I can see no damage to the prosler's family house. Still there living with sadness the Mother is nowadays not able to work she got sick.

Nowadays I live under tents . I am alive we all alive but our house collapsed .thanks for asking and for not forgetting us at all .

Sophia is not doing well she becomes very skinny.
I applaud for the leaders overseas who contributed to send their assistance .

Lot of people find help. Lot of others have found nothing. I never get no chance to find anything. I use to get a pass looking for job but have found nothing sorry .

It is very good to read your e-mail.
May God bless you.

Hope to hear from you again !

No comments:

Post a Comment