Saturday, May 29, 2010

An off day

I’ve used this off day to rest and to try to shake off a cold. So rather than venturing down into Pétionville or Port-au-Prince, I’ve remained in my room overlooking the city. This day off has allowed me to catch up on some much needed sleep, to read, and to practice Sabbath.

I am currently listening to the Haiti Partners Youth Choir practice. Their youthful, vibrant voices are one strong sign of the future of this country. Based on what I hear and see, these young people believe in themselves and in the future of their country. And even though Haiti has suffered significant injury due to the earthquake, other natural disasters, and a troubled past, I can see in these young people a hope for a better future. If you want to hear their music and see these beautiful young people, click on www.haitipartners.org and then follow the links to the music.

I plan to spend most of tomorrow in Kaglo, sharing life with the Blanc family and the other people in the lacou (neighborhood). Hopefully by morning this cold will be only a bad memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment